How to use of Astah (Pro/SysML/GSN/Com)
     "Invalid Realization Relationship"

Threaded | Oldest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Joba
Posted on: 2007/5/18 12:11
Developer
Re: "Invalid Realization Relationship"
Hi Mystic, glad to hear that you cleared things out.
Here are a few tips for you.

Tip #1. You can create [Interface] directly from the Tool Bar

Tip #2. You can switch Interface Notation

1. Select the Interface Icon in the Diagram Editor.
2. Select [Stereo Type Normal] from Main Menu

or

1. Do right-clicking on the Interface in the Diagram Editor then select [Icon Notation] on its Pop-Up Menu.

Cheers!
Anonymous
Posted on: 2007/5/18 6:20
Re: "Invalid Realization Relationship"
Post from Mystic as a guest
---

Never mind - I figured it out. I thought setting abstract = true on a class was enough to mark something as an interface (my C++ background showing through). I hadn't realized that I also needed to set the "interface" stereotype on the class in question. Anyway, all better now. :)
Anonymous
Posted on: 2007/5/18 5:16
"Invalid Realization Relationship"
Post from Mystic as a guest
---

Hi. I'm attempting to use JUDE Community 3.2.1 (Model Version: 24) to create a class diagram. The problem I am having is with specifying a realization relationship from a regular, concrete class (let's call it CDog for purposes of discussion) to an interface class (call it IAnimal), when the CDog class does NOT have "final" set to true. Anytime I try to connect the two classes (by clicking first on the CDog class, although I've tried both ways), I get the error dialog message "Invalid Realization Relationship".

I can apparently create this realization relationship ONLY when I have set the CDog class to "final" - but I don't want to do this because the class structure I'm emulating (from C++) then has another class that derives from it (call it CPoodle), and I need to create that as a generalization relationship (which obviously doesn't work when CDog is set as a final class).

Any advice or clarifications would be welcome.
Threaded | Oldest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top