Poster Thread
dj_tsd
Posted on: 2010/5/11 20:04
Just popping in
Referenced Projects
Hi,

I have three files and they are referenced like this:
FileA<-FileB<-FileC.

I change something in FileA and after it I want to see this change in FileC. The problem is, when I update the reference in FileC I just don't get the change in FileA.

I don't want to refresh the references in FileB, because the projects are bigger in reality.

Could you extend the behaviour so, that Astah will update the references of referenced files over multiple levels?

Thanks!
Joba
Posted on: 2010/5/13 16:25
Developer
Re: Referenced Projects
Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no other way without a step of updating references in File B.

Just to let you know, updating reference models can be executed by using Command line also. Please read the astah* Reference Manual, 20.3. Total Merge Utility (P.316).
To open the manual, go to [Help] - [astah* Reference Manual] from Main menu of astah*.

- Note -
In the manual, it says "Please refer to total-merge-utilities.html for more detail in astah* Install folder." However we are afraid that the html file is not included in astah* professional 6.1 installer. The html file contains the same contents mentioned in the manual regarding the total merge utility.
If you have any questions regarding the total merge utility, please feel free to contact us.

The html file will be uploaded in the Bug report forum soon so you can download it.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Satomi
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top