Activity diagram design/ layout

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Jan
Posted on: 2010/4/22 17:54
Just popping in
Activity diagram design/ layout
Hello,
I wonder how to set a consistent layout to my model.

- How can I set a default color for all actions, decision nodes, comments and so on?
- Is it possible to force the actions to use all the same size? (Tools like ARIS keep the objekt size and modify the font size)
- How can I arrange my items artfully (Items in one line, same Distance, same high)

Maybe you got some good hints for me and I'm also interested in any other design tips.

Best regards,
Jan
Joba
Posted on: 2010/4/23 10:20
Developer
Re: Activity diagram design/ layout
Hello Jan,

Thank you for using astah*(JUDE) and your post.

Quote:
How can I set a default color for all actions, decision nodes, comments and so on?
Default color for models can be set in the [Tool] - [System Properties] - [New Item Color]. Double click on the white box, so a color chooser will appear where you can choose for models.

Quote:
- Is it possible to force the actions to use all the same size? (Tools like ARIS keep the objekt size and modify the font size)
Most certainly. Default size for models including actions can be set in the [Tool] - [System Properties] - [Default Size (Initial)]. Tick the little box and then input the width/Height.

For existing ones, select actions in the diagram and go to [Alignment] - [Adjust Size] - [Adjust Size] to make them all in the same size.

*Font can be set in astah* professional and UML editions. (Not supported in community edition)

Quote:
- How can I arrange my items artfully (Items in one line, same Distance, same high)
[Alignment] menu will do. There are quick buttons on the tool bar which you may find handy.

Cheers,
Sato
Jan
Posted on: 2010/4/30 18:37
Just popping in
Thx for the helpfull answer. My models are looking fine now :)

Is it possible to export the system propertys, so we can use all the same configuration in the team?

Best regards,
Jan

Joba
Posted on: 2010/5/6 16:55
Developer
Hi Jan,

Quote:
Thx for the helpfull answer. My models are looking fine now :)
My pleasure. It is always nice to make models look nice, isn't it.

Quote:
Is it possible to export the system propertys, so we can use all the same configuration in the team?
No, astah* does not have the system-property-export feature unfortunately. Although there is a way for all the team members to use the same configuration in the System Properties.

There is JudeP.properties file in Username/.astah/professional directory, which contains the System Property setting information. So by each one of the team members having the designed JudeP.properties file in their Username/.astah/professional directory, they all can have the same configuration in the System Property.

Cheers,
Satomi
jimmypeter
Posted on: 2011/2/24 19:17
Just popping in
hi guys,,,
You can try using the "Lay Out Shapes" dialog in Visio 2003. Go to the Shape menu and click on the "Lay Out Shapes" menu item. It can have some interesting results, but it might help if you play around with it.

should be helpful for everyone,,,,
thanks,,,
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top