Username:
Password:  
Lost Password?
Register now!
ChangeVision Members Map
Search
Forum Index   -   Topic Index
   How to use of Astah (Pro/SysML/GSN/Com)
     How to disable one-click message creation feature?

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
register
Posted on: 2011/10/19 20:00
Just popping in
How to disable one-click message creation feature?
Often when I try to resize or move an element of a (sequence) diagram, I accidentally create a new message.
Even when I try to resize the whole diagram it tries to create a new message when I don't click exactly the right spot.

It is really annoying, but I cannot find an option to disable the one-click message creation. Is there any way to disable it?
Joba
Posted on: 2011/10/20 7:46
Developer
Re: How to disable one-click message creation feature?
Hi register,

Yes, there are a couple of ways to disable the Suggest Feature (That's what we call it).

Method 1: From System Properties
Go to [Tool] - [System Properties] from Main menu and select [Diagram Editor] from left menu. Check off the [Enable Suggest Feature on Diagram Editor] option. This applies to the whole diagrams.

Method 2: Tool menu
Click the far-right icon says "Suggest Feature" on the tool menu in the Diagram Editor to turn it ON/OFF.

Also since version 6.5, holding [Shift] key down is able to switch the Suggest feature ON/OFF. If you have the Suggest feature on, hold the [Shift] key down when you select a model, the suggest icons will not appear and won't bother you with what you wanted to do. On the other hand, if you have the Suggest feature off but want to know what models you can create from the model you currently select, holding [Shift] key will bring your suggestions.

Reference: Handy option for swithching ON/OFF suggest feature in version 6.5

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
SJ
register
Posted on: 2011/10/20 18:01
Just popping in
Thanks a bunch.
That is exactly what I was looking for.
Joba
Posted on: 2011/10/21 2:56
Developer
You are very welcome. Glad it helped.
Your post must have helped other users who were annoyed by this feature loooking for the solution.

- Satomi
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top