astah* community: watermark on diagram images

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
OldPap
Posted on: 2009/10/26 23:35
Just popping in
astah* community: watermark on diagram images
Hi,
I didn't appreciate the watermark on exported diagram images in community version.
In Jude community version this didn't happen.

Joba
Posted on: 2009/11/4 11:26
Developer
Re: astah* community: watermark on diagram images
Hi OldPap,

Thank you for your post.

First of all, we are sorry for making you and other users unhappy with the watermark that is added since astah* community 6.0.

Let me explain why it appeared since this new version.
For last a couple of years we had received many requests for a middle-class edition of JUDE (Less functionality than JUDE/Professional but better than JUDE/Community) for reasonable price. So we finally decided to create a new version, astah* UML.
Throughout our reviews for current editions, we came to the conclusion that we had to add a restriction to some functions of JUDE/Community because of the release of new version, astah* UML. However we believe that we left some essential functions on the astah* community and it still provides allot to users as a free tool compared to other free tools out there.

astah* UML is an evolved tool from JUDE/Community and very powerful compared with it and also it comes with the full support service just for $50. (Currently $40 on reduced-price sales)

We sincerely hope that you all can understand our decisions on putting restrictions and continue to enjoy our free edition, astah* community.

Thank you.
astah* development team
chrish
Posted on: 2009/11/7 1:41
Just popping in
I'm also unhappy with the watermark on exported diagrams. This is not a good for a community edition.

I'm a student and wanted a tool to draw UML diagrams. But I don't want to have the product name in the diagrams.
Joba
Posted on: 2010/7/31 9:48
Developer
Hi OldPap and Chrish,

We just released version 6.2 and the watermark on exported/generated documents in community edition has got small and now appears only on right bottom corner.

Please update to version 6.2!

- Download astah* community

Cheers,
Satomi
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top