Announcement on Astah products
     Jude and Eclipse!

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
EdGarcia
Posted on: 2007/11/11 22:03
Just popping in
Jude and Eclipse!
Although I have some experience in Eclipse, I'm a n00b on Jude.

What's the news from Jude and Eclipse Integration?

Thank you in advance.
Joba
Posted on: 2007/11/19 9:34
Developer
Re: Jude and Eclipse!
Hi EdGarcia!

Thanks for your post.

I am afraid that we do not have any specific plans to release JUDE as Eclipse Plugin anytime soon.

See the related topic : Is there an Eclipse Plug-in

Best regards,
Satomi
titusj
Posted on: 2008/3/1 0:52
Just popping in
I'll second the request to have JUDE work inside eclipse as a plug-in. I'd be happy to explain how I'd like to work, as the other thread asks. Just let me know and I'd ramble on for you.

Jason
Joba
Posted on: 2008/3/3 16:13
Developer
Hi Jason.

Having JUDE work in Eclipse as a Plug-in is still under consideration and still we do not have any specific plans to support it.

It would be great if we could hear your opinions how you would like to use JUDE in Eclipse.

Thank you.

-Satomi
titusj
Posted on: 2008/3/3 23:38
Just popping in
Satomi,

There are a few ways this could work, but I think I'd prefer to have an entirely new perspective for modeling with JUDE. In that perspective, I could see all of the tabs/windws like I see them in the existing JUDE product.

Beyond that, it would be a nice-to-have if the structure view was combined with the "package explorer" window in the Java perspective. That way I could just drag my existing classes from my java tree instead of going through a reverse-engineer step to build a new structure view in the JUDE perspective.

The first problem I see is that I could potentially be working in multiple eclipse "projects" at a time. In that case, I'd be fine if the JUDE perspective forced me to select a single project with which I can work. That way the ".jude" file could be in the root of that project and wouldn't have to worry about dependent projects being open in the workspace.

If you have specific questions about any of this, or would like more information, feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

Jason
Joba
Posted on: 2008/3/10 10:50
Developer
Thank you very much Jason for providing detail & helpful information to us.

It is great to hear user's honest feedback always and we really appreciate it.
Although we are not working on making JUDE to be an Eclipse Plugin at the moment, we will consider implementing your requests for sure and hopefully make it to become like you wish and convenient when we do so in the future.

Best wishes,

Satomi
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top