Username:
Password:  
Lost Password?
Register now!
ChangeVision Members Map
Search
Forum Index   -   Topic Index
   How to use of Astah (Pro/SysML/GSN/Com)
     Bug: Astah* freezes when drag & dropping from "Structure" tree.

Flat Previous Topic | Next Topic
Poster Thread
milo
Posted on: 2010/11/10 22:43
Just popping in
Bug: Astah* freezes when drag & dropping from "Structure" tree.
1. Product Version
astah* community and professional (evaluation) 6.2.1

2. Description
My whole machine freezes when I drag an element in the structure tree. Doesn't matter where I drop it. Nothing in my whole desktop takes actions or orders after the freeze. Not sure if they actually take actions or if fps just drops to 0. No errors are displayed when started from console either.

I can kill Java by ctrl+alt+f1:ing to "system" terminal. Tested this with both community and professional version and it always seems to happen. Tested with 64-bit Gentoo machine with 2.6.35 kernel and kde 4.5.3 desktop environment. Also tested with 32-bit 10.04 kubuntu with 2.6.32 kernel. Both machines have at least 4 GB of RAM with 4 core CPUs. In both machines Java JDK 1.6.22 is installed.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create activity, class or sequence diagram (confirmed these).
2. Create any element that will show up in the Structure view on the left side.
3. Select that element from the Structure view and start dragging it.
4. Drop it anywhere
5. Try to do something else with your desktop environment and nothing works.

edit: tried to post in bug report section, but apparently I can't do that :) Couldn't find an appropriate placement for this thread. Sorry :(
Flat Previous Topic | Next Topic

Subject Poster Date
 » Bug: Astah* freezes when drag & dropping from "Structure" tree. milo 2010/11/10 22:43
     Re: Bug: Astah* freezes when drag & dropping from "Structure" tree. Joba 2010/11/12 3:59
       Re: Bug: Astah* freezes when drag & dropping from "Structure" tree. Joba 2010/11/13 3:45