Username:
Password:  
Lost Password?
Register now!
ChangeVision Members Map
Search
Forum Index   -   Topic Index
   How to use of Astah (Pro/SysML/GSN/Com)
     Specifying parameterized list types for Operation parameters and return types

Flat Previous Topic | Next Topic
Poster Thread
shant712
Posted on: 2013/10/6 5:34
Just popping in
Specifying parameterized list types for Operation parameters and return types
Hi,
I am having trouble defining parameterized list types for Operation parameters and return types

My use case would be to model something like the following Java signature in Astah:
List<MyClassA> myMethod(int param1, List<MyClassB> param2)

I'd like to model this in Astah so I can directly refer to some other class in my model, i.e. MyClassA or MyClassB

But the only thing I can seem to do is to define the return type as java.util.List, and I am unable to refer to the paraterized type as MyClassA. While I can type in the "Type Modifier" value as MyClassA, it won't directly correspond to the class I've defined in the model (and so if the class name changes, it won't be reflected here)

Alternatively, I've tried to reverse-engineer a Java method with this signature into Astah, but it tries to create a new list class called "List<MyClassA>" (with that whole name), and that does not seem to be right either

Do you have suggestions on how I can handle this? I am using Astah 6.7.0

Thanks,
Shant
Flat Previous Topic | Next Topic

Subject Poster Date
 » Specifying parameterized list types for Operation parameters and return types shant712 2013/10/6 5:34
     Re: Specifying parameterized list types for Operation parameters and return types Joba 2013/10/10 7:56