Change source and destination of a message

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
EddieDean
Posted on: 2011/10/12 23:11
Just popping in
Change source and destination of a message
Hi there.

I nearly finished my sequence diagram using astah community edition and figured out that I forgot one method call within the sequences.

The message "LoginNode()" has to be "under" the message "DoLoginChecks()". Means: method "LoginNode()" will be called and in turn calls "DoLoginChecks()" so that "DoLoginChecks()" is a sub-method of "LoginNode()".

Can anyone give me a hint?

Thanks and Regards
Alex
Joba
Posted on: 2011/10/14 6:37
Developer
Re: Change source and destination of a message
Hi EddieDean,

This isn't the smartest way but the shortest step to achieve what you want to do. So this is how your Sequence diagram looks now. We added some colors to help you go with the step below little easier.

1. Turn off the Suggest Feature

2. Move 1.4's Execution Specification bar (in red) onto the other Lifeline (for temporarily)

3. Grab the origin of 1.4 Message (in red) and drop it on somewhere on the diagram to make it be a Found message (again for temporarily)

4. Grab the "origin" of 2 Message (in red) and attach it to 1.3's Execution Specification bar (in blue) by drag and drop

5. Drag 1.3.1's Execution Specification (in red) and drop it back onto the original Lifeline

So now "LoginNode()" is under the message "DoLoginChecks()".

Hope this helps. We apologize for too many steps. We'll improve to make it easier to edit existing Sequence diagrams in the future release.

Cheers,
Satomi
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top