Feature requests for Class and Deployment diagrams

Threaded | Oldest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Joba
Posted on: 2013/10/22 4:00
Developer
Re: Feature requests for Class and Deployment diagrams
Hi Tjaff,

Thanks for your response. I see what you mean now and I'm afraid that it is not supported in Astah at the moment and will consider it in the future!

Cheers,
Satomi
Tjaff
Posted on: 2013/10/21 4:31
Just popping in
Hi again (sorry for the late reply),

Actually what I would like is to be able to show both navigability and aggregation/composition for the same association end.

This is already possible for non-navigability if you first create an aggregate or composite relationship, and then specify non-navigability through the RMB menu:

But if I instead specify a navigable association end the aggregate/composite symbol disappears:
Joba
Posted on: 2013/8/30 11:57
Developer
Hi Tjaff,

Thank you very much for your compliment and all of the requests.

We have added all of them (except one below) into our user wish list, so development team will consider implementing in the future. We are already planning to release the next version in this coming Fall, and unfortunately none of them will be added in the version.

Quote:
The ability to show both a navigable arrow and an aggregation/composition symbol for an association end. (It is already possible to do this for non-navigable associations, i.e. cross combined with an agg/comp symbol)

We already provide icons to make the navigable arrows and an aggregation/composition symbol in the tool bar. (See red boxes in the image below)

Is this want you want? If not, please let us know.

Thanks,
SJ
Tjaff
Posted on: 2013/8/28 18:33
Just popping in
Feature requests for Class and Deployment diagrams
Hi,

Let me start by saying that Astah is by far the best UML modeling tool I have ever used. I especially like the synchronization between diagrams and the alignment features.

That being said, I do have some improvement suggestions:

For class diagrams:
- Support for N-ary associations.

- The ability to show the class visibility visually (+ for public etc.), in front of the class name.

- The ability to show both a navigable arrow and an aggregation/composition symbol for an association end. (It is already possible to do this for non-navigable associations, i.e. cross combined with an agg/comp symbol)

For deployment diagrams:
- The ability to properly nest nodes (moving the outer node should also move the inner node)

- The ability to add Artifacts to Nodes. I think that using Components in a deployment diagram was the old UML 1.x way, in UML 2.x you should use Artifacts instead.
Threaded | Oldest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top