How to use of Astah (Pro/SysML/GSN/Com)
     [Tips] Import Java source code and generate Class diagrams

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Joba
Posted on: 2010/9/23 8:06
Developer
[Tips] Import Java source code and generate Class diagrams
This is an update of [Tips] Import Java and applies to version 6.2 or later.

(1) Open an astah* file or create a new one, and then go to [Tool] - [Java] - [Import Java] from Main Menu

(2) Select .java files you want to import in the [Select Java File] dialog and make sure you select the correct charset from the dropdown menu of [Charset of imported files]

While it is importing, you may be asked how you want to import Attributes.

(3) If import completes successfully, Packages, classes, attributes, operations and associations are generated and appear in the Structure Tree.

(4) Now you want to generate a Class diagram from them. So select a package on the structure tree, and then select either: [Auto Create Class Diagram] or [Auto Create Detailed Class Diagram] from its Pop-up menu.

5) A Class Diagram would be created in the diagram editor
jimmypeter
Posted on: 2011/2/24 18:54
Just popping in
Re: [Tips] Import Java source code and generate Class diagrams
hi guys,,,,
You could also give the netbeans UML modeller a try. I have used it to generate javacode that I used in my eclipse projects. You can even import eclipse projects in netbeans and keep the eclipse settings synced with the netbeans project settings.

I tried several UML modellers for eclipse and wasn't satisfied with them. They were either unstable, complicated or just plain ugly.

thanks,,,
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top