How to use of Astah (Pro/SysML/GSN/Com)
     Regarding Astah UML specification adherence

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
hjo1620
Posted on: 2010/5/21 17:20
Just popping in
Regarding Astah UML specification adherence
* It's important to me that Astah complies with the UML spec, otherwise future imports/conversions to other tools may not work.

* I'm relying on Astah to force me to follow the spec, by disallowing non-compliant constructs.

Am I on the right track thinking like this ?
What do you think ?
hjo1620
Posted on: 2010/5/21 17:23
Just popping in
Re: Regarding Astah UML specification adherence
One more...

* I'm relying on Astah to allow all legal constructs available in the UML spec.
Joba
Posted on: 2010/5/24 10:56
Developer
Re: Regarding Astah UML specification adherence
Hi,

Quote:
* It's important to me that Astah complies with the UML spec, otherwise future imports/conversions to other tools may not work.
Yes, totally understandable.

Quote:
* I'm relying on Astah to force me to follow the spec, by disallowing non-compliant constructs.
* I'm relying on Astah to allow all legal constructs available in the UML spec.
We try to be complied with the UML specification as much as possible. So we give an alert when someone tries to create models against the specification.

However on the other hand, there are some users who want flexibilities, to draw models freely without being tied up with the UML specification. So as you already suggested on here, giving users options (one- can draw with the Spec, another- can draw without the Spec, like a whiteboard) is ideal we think. We would like to provide the option soon, however we do not have a specific plan to implement that yet unfortunately.

If you find where astah* should disallow when you do against the spec, but doesn't, please let us know. Your feedback is always valuable and much appreciated! Thanks.

Cheers,
Satomi
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top