Light topic
     Feature request: tab to cycle through nearby objects

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
cwm9
Posted on: 2012/8/18 6:47
Just popping in
Feature request: tab to cycle through nearby objects
Selecting a specific element is sometimes frustrating. What I'd like to be able to do is to click any object near the object I want and then press tab to cycle through them until I get to the one I want. Also, when I click to drag with an element already selected, Astah shouldn't try to "reselect" a new element.
Joba
Posted on: 2012/8/20 13:18
Developer
Re: Feature request: tab to cycle through nearby objects
Thank you for your post, cwm9.

Quote:
What I'd like to be able to do is to click any object near the object I want and then press tab to cycle through them until I get to the one I want.
This is a great suggestion. Will make sure to add this on our user-wish list.

Quote:
Also, when I click to drag with an element already selected, Astah shouldn't try to "reselect" a new element.
I'm not sure if I'm getting this right, do you mean that you don't want the small icons to appear when you click an existing model element (Figure below)? If so, there are several ways to hide them. See How to disable one-click message creation feature

If this isn't what you are referring to, please let me know.

Thanks,
SJ
cwm9
Posted on: 2012/9/9 19:18
Just popping in
No, I mean if you click to select object A without dragging to make sure you have selected the right item, then try to drag drag A from point 1 to point 2, if you happen to click near another object B during this click and drag operation, Asta will unselect object A and select object B before starting the drag. If a click and drag operation occurs, Asta should NOT unselect A and select B, but drag A. B should only be selected if you click and then unclick without dragging.
Joba
Posted on: 2012/9/11 8:48
Developer
Hi, thank you for your additional explanation which helped me understand this behavior. We'll get this to dev team to check up.

Thank you.
SJ
Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Top