Username:
Password:  
Lost Password?
Register now!
ChangeVision Members Map
Search
Forum Index   -   Topic Index
   How to use of Astah (Pro/SysML/GSN/Com)
     Help with java import to class diagram -- generics?

Flat Previous Topic | Next Topic
Poster Thread
titusj
Posted on: 2008/2/29 0:46
Just popping in
Re: Help with java import to class diagram -- generics?
Midori,

Thanks for walking through the example. What you are saying is exactly what I'm seeing. Unfortunately, it isn't quite exactly what I desire.

To elaborate on my situation, I am trying to document an existing application using some critical class diagrams. In other words, I am not at a point where changing the code is an option (not that I'd advocate changing the code to suit the class diagramming tool anyway). My hope was to create a new diagram and then drop on the existing classes that I think are most significant to some view of the system.

Granted it has been a while since I've dug into the exact semantics of UML, but I've always used an association to represent this type of relationship in the past. I would ideally love to be able to even call the association an aggregation or composition after I've put both classes on the diagram. I don't see a benefit to the representation you explained over one of those options, and in fact find it less intuitive. After all, I'm not really trying to communicate the fact that a java List was used, but instead that a parent has a collection of children.

I guess what I'm saying is that I request in some future version the JUDE development team consider making this type of representation an option.

Thanks.

Jason
Flat Previous Topic | Next Topic

Subject Poster Date
   Help with java import to class diagram -- generics? titusj 2008/2/28 7:26
     Re: Help with java import to class diagram -- generics? titusj 2008/2/28 7:27
       Re: Help with java import to class diagram -- generics? midori 2008/2/28 13:20
       » Re: Help with java import to class diagram -- generics? titusj 2008/2/29 0:46
           Re: Help with java import to class diagram -- generics? midori 2008/2/29 11:52
             Re: Help with java import to class diagram -- generics? titusj 2008/2/29 23:35
             Re: Help with java import to class diagram -- generics? emkookmer 2008/6/17 16:36
               Re: Help with java import to class diagram -- generics? midori 2008/6/18 15:54
             Re: Help with java import to class diagram -- generics? simas 2010/6/10 21:02
               Re: Help with java import to class diagram -- generics? Joba 2010/6/16 2:09