How to use of Astah (Pro/SysML/GSN/Com)
     [Tips] Remove the shadow from model elements

Threaded | Newest First Previous Topic | Next Topic | Bottom
Poster Thread
Joba
Posted on: 2010/9/8 9:00
Developer
[Tips] Remove the shadow from model elements
Since astah* version 6.2, when you draw model elements on diagrams, the shadow would always appear. I am going to write how to take the shadow off just in case when you prefer not having them.

- How to remove shadow from model elements that are already drawn in diagrams
1. Open your project file (.asta)
2. Select the project file name in the Structure Tree (The top left pane)
3. Now you see the project's property in the Property View (The bottom left pane). Select [Project Setting] tab and then click [Set] button.

4. [Project Property Setting] window opens. Check off [Show shadow on elements] and then click [Apply] - [OK]

- How to create model elements without shadow on new diagrams
1. Go to [Tool] - [System Properties] from Main menu
2. [System Properties] window opens. Select [Diagram Editor] from the left menu and check off [Show shadow on elements] and then click [Apply] - [OK]

- Model elements with shadow

- Model elements without shadow
jimmypeter
Posted on: 2011/2/24 19:29
Just popping in
Re: [Tips] Remove the shadow from model elements
hi guys,,,
0 down vote favorite

Ok i have a list of HTML nodes which should be inline with no spacing between them. The problem is, that the nodes are written from a CMS and therefore will come with all sorts of linebreaks and spaces. Therefore I'm removing the spaces with JS using the method descibed in this question. The problem is, however, that in IE (not 9) the white spaces isn't part of the childrens list of the parent node, rendering the method useless in IE. However IE 7 (or at least IE 9 emulating IE 7) ignores the linebreaks, so that one is in the clear. That leaves IE 8 as the troublemaker. I discovered that the line break is actually a part of the outerHTML and that a simple reset of the outerHTML did the trick - like so:

node.outerHTML = node.outerHTML

However this will reset the node intirely and therefore removing all events and other settings on the node, which isn't really any good.

So my question is now: Is there a way to remove that linebreak from the nodes outerHTML whitout resetting the node? I've tried with zoom: 1, but to no avail. Hope anyone has any experience with this.

The HTML is more or less like this:

<div class="items">
<div class="item"></div>
<div class="item"></div>
<div class="item"></div>
<div class="item"></div>
<div class="item"></div>
<div class="item"></div>
<div class="item"></div>
<div class="item"></div>
<div class="item"></div>
<div class="item"></div>